Graft Graft

Interesting animation. I could tell it was very heavily influenced by the animations of David Firth.
It's very difficult to get a point across through animation in a minute, so I won't comment on narrative. However, in future I think if you're going for the shorter animation, especially an animation with no dialogue, it should work to your advantage to make any background music or sound effects more dynamic, i.e. changing with the visuals, building tension, etc.

All in all I think you're off to a good start and you'll only improve from here with more exposure to the program.

Soliloquous responds:

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. David Firth has always been one of my favourite animators, and continues to be. I still see this project has room for improvement as you mentioned with the background noise/ambiance, so I'll probably fix this one up when I have time to do so.

Tarboy Tarboy

Wow!

It's been a long time since I've wanted to submit a flash review but I felt compelled to after watching this. It is simply amazing, down to the little details. Nothing is rushed, the direction is superb and the art and effects were stunning. Not to mention the creative narrative, music and voice-acting (both of which were very fitting and of high quality). I'll definitely be checking out Hania Lee!
Watching this makes me want to animate myself, and I'm sure others feel the same too. I don't think I can be more complimentary :P I'm usually all for giving constructive criticism but I honestly don't think this can be improved. It's, in a word, awesome.

Thanks for sharing this with us :)

Tribute 2 Michael Jackson Tribute 2 Michael Jackson

*big smile*

It's a funny and heart-warming little tribute for the sad ocassion. I'm sure it's brought a smile to many people's faces here on Newgrounds. And I'm sure it's entertained a fair share too. That alone warrants it to be on here.

Thanks for having the testicular fortitude to put this up!

The Floorsland Origins The Floorsland Origins

While a great effort at a platformer, the game could have really used some more vigorous testing before uploading. The edges of each ledge seem to have weird hit detection which caused me to fall through though I definitely landed on the platform. Also, playing Montgomery's challenge was quite a pain because the drill-like objects cannot be ducked under very effectively due to the character's height - I ended up just walking through them and taking damage because my health was plentiful and the dodge was far too difficult.

There's also a bit of a snaffu with working the switches, sometimes they work perfectly, sometimes they have to be clicked multiple times to operate, which I found odd.

With more polish I honestly think you can churn out a very responsive game. The running and jumping felt very natural and tight in my opinion.

telinc1 responds:

Yep, I totally agree the collision detection's not that good. Also, Montgomery's challenge is meant to be pain and you aren't really supposed to be able to pass under those. I've done it only once in testing.
The switches are really quite weird, mostly due to not actually using hit detection and instead checking the distance between you and the switch.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely consider it for The Floorsland 5!

Just a Bunny Just a Bunny

Enjoyable.

You got the style practically perfect! It's a very well done tribute. Graphically it's smooth and attractive, the gameplay is fast-paced and fun and it controlled with no delay. I enjoyed this game very much.
The only negative thing I would say is I couldn't exactly tell when I was being hit which led me to dying prematurely (when the game is so fast-paced it's a bit risky to check your stats), but that's a very minor gripe which is overshadowed by the positives.
Great work!

Carom Carom

Fantastic.

Ridiculously addictive game go out here.
I couldn't get past Lv21 but I added it to my favourite to get on tryin'.
Nice music choice too!
Good job.

-Mesmic

XBigTK13X responds:

You can thank brewbeer for the music.

(gaia) va bad-man-inc preach (gaia) va bad-man-inc preach

I very much like this.

Fantastic voice-acting! It chilled me a bit to be hoenst.
Well done :)

Keep rockin' sistaaah.

rednikaiaG responds:

Yayz, a FEMALE review, Mesmic------! ! ! ! ! ! ! Woo-Hoo for girly-pooz!
You're awesome! (BTW, everyone reading this now should go review Mesmic's art right now, she's FABulous!) Don't worry, no Satanic demons seeped out to haunt you whilst you sleep, from this sub. You're safe, I promise, ok? Feel better? You're SUCH a doll for giving me words and a 10. Love it! If you ever need anything, just holla, Sistah! Heh heh heh Until we bond formally, Mah Lady. . .

............Take care, be good and keep being the great female artist, you are, Mesmic.period

Ryu SD Ryu SD

...

Very good cel-shading and great collaborative effort. I love this short of style.
Nicely executed all-round.